Policies are one of the key tools for business leaders to convey the operating rules of the organisation. These policies should ideally be documented and incorporated into a searchable, indexed Policy Framework as a formal reference for all employees.
An effective policy management framework mitigates risk in two ways:
- It makes policies more quickly accessible to employees, guiding their decisions and reducing friction and indecision in their workflow.
- It can protect your organisation from litigation by staying aligned to legislation, accreditation standards and best practice frameworks.
In our process improvement workshops, we have consistently uncovered Conflicting Management Policies as the primary source of systemic dysfunction and disjointed governance.
What we do
With 11 years of experience in guiding IT leaders to develop balanced policies, we can assist you with:
- Identifying and documenting informal management policies
- Challenging archaic management practices which result in sub-optimal performance
- Developing an integrated, holistic Policy Framework which is aligned to best practices Frameworks (ITIL, COBIT), and international standards (ISO/IEC 20000, ISO/IEC 27000 and other)